- Bachelor of Science in Education (B.S.), 12/1966 - Chicago State
University (formerly Chicago Teachers College); Business Education.
- Master of Arts in Special Education (M.A.), 12/1982 - Northeastern
Illinois University,Chicago; Behavioral Disorders.
- Completed classroom coursework portion (36 hours) of Ed.D program
in Administration & Supervision at Loyola University; General
Administration Certification, Type 75, 10/1986.
- Aurora University (West 40), Computer Technology courses, 1999
- Grades 1-4 in Neelyville, MO (Hart/Washington schools)
- Grades 5-10 in Poplar Bluff, MO at Wheatley School.
School Activities: Starlight Club, 4-H club, NHA; piano/accordion;
Inducted into National Jr. Honor Society (Leadership); multi-year
participant in live radio broadcasted annual spelling/history bees and Wheatley
Chorus's annual Black History performances;
Associate Editor of Wheatley Tiger school newspaper;
Attendant on court of two consecutive Homecoming queens (Gr.
Sr. High (Gr. 11-12) at newly integrated Poplar Bluff Senior
High, 1958-1960: FBLA member, talent shows participant, Honor graduate.